Monday, November 17, 2008

UFO Attacks Car? Errrrrr Whatever!

File this one under "whatever" but it's a slow news day so just for fun here are the details:

The National UFO Reporting Center has posted the following story:

NORTHBROOK, ILLINOIS, TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 04, 2008, 21:20 HRS. (LOCAL)

A young woman was driving at 40-45 mph along Lake Cook Road, when her car suddenly lurched to the right for no reason that was apparent to her. There were no cars within sight on the road, and she had not seen any pedestrian or animal near the car. She stopped her car immediately, got out, and apparently was flabbergasted by the appearance of the left side of her automobile.

The investigating police officer could not provide an adequate explanation for the damage. He noted that there was no damaged paint, and no animal hair, feathers, or blood, evident on the damaged area of the car. NUFORC has passed the case along to Mr. Sam Maranto, Illinois State Director for the Mutual UFO Network (“MUFON”), for follow-up investigation.

We have no reason to believe that the incident was UFO-related, but we have no explanation for how the extensive damage to the car could have occurred. If any of the visitors to our site have ever witnessed this type of damage to a car, we would welcome comments or suggestions.

The "event" in the unidentified women's own words:

The entire left side of my car appears to be scorched but no paint was removed.

I was driving 40-45 miles per hour heading north toward I-94 East towards Chicago on Lake Cook Road. While I was in the middle lane, I felt a nudge on the left of my car which made my car shift to the right. I did not swerve out of the lane and gained control back quickly.

I slowed down and as I got my bearings, I realized that my left side mirror was knocked off and so I turned right onto Revere Drive and put on my hazard lights.






I got out of the car and saw that I had several dents on the side of my car. There were two that were deeper and larger than the others; one was located in front of the rear wheel and the other was in the center of the driver door.




I called 911 to file a police report and the officer said that I was side swiped by another car but, there were not any cars around me before or after the hit and also there were no paint scratches from other cars on my car.




Cedar Posts says: I swear honey I have no idea how that happened. (That's my story and I'm sticking with it.)
On the other hand, it seems really odd that with all that damage there are no signs of scrapping or another car's paint.
I'm thinking it's a hoax and that the car hit a ditch and was repainted without removing the dents just for laughs.
That or a force field from an UFO whacked the dickens out of the car. Hummmm I wonder where I could get a "force field" for my SUV?

1 comment:

Rebecca A. Maynard said...

Uptown Charlotte's Photographer in Residence Bill Fehr caught the killer and his pigeon victim Uptown. vinyl privacy fence