Cedar Post received a follow up rebuttal to the story posted on Mallory Hood who was sentenced for the 2008 death of a motorcyclist in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina.
I am the wife of the second motorcyclist that was severely injured. Let me give you some facts before you start defending that bitch.
1. Her family is one of the richest in Charleston, SC. Her step-dad is actually a judge.
2. She was bonded out twice, totally $100,000 dollars out of her parents pockets
3. She never spent more then a day in jail due to the fact that her parents had plenty of money....and connections.
4. She actually evaded arrest after the accident so she could make a phone call to one of the best DUI attorneys in the state. He later represented her through part of the case.
5. When her attorney died during the 2 year wait to go to trial (because she kept pleading guilty, then withdrawing, then pleading guilty to avoid jail time) she was represented by his son, unfortunately his practice wasn't DUIs so she ended up hiring the second best DUI attorney in the state
6. Oh yea and the 2 years she was out of jail and avoiding trial she spent it saving her ass by giving "Don't Drink and Drive" speeches...she was ACTUALLY sentenced 15 years for what she did to my husband and 18 years for killing Elliot, but since she did something for the community the judge let her serve it concurrently.
And just some food for thought, how would you feel if your child was killed (or severely disfigured) by some idiotic drunk girl. Would you be fine with just letting her walk or would you want her to be punished?
There are two sides to every story and I understand you are not a reporter (most certainly not) thus all your facts aren't right but you could at least try to do just a little bit of research (there are other news stories out there that do have the facts) and add an iota of truth to what you write.
It made me sick to read your blog, she's not some fucking innocent princess sent to jail by some wicked stepfather or some shit.
She ended someones life (and made my husband a shadow of the person he used to be)...appreciate the fact that she's not behind the wheel of a truck coming at you going 50 mph. I hope this was somewhat enlightening.
Name Withheld By Requested