Sunday, September 30, 2018

Christine Ford Testimony Before Congress Nothin' But Blues and "Elvis"

With Ford's appearance before congress we reached the point of over-saturation with the "Me Too" Movement. 



Yes, Christine Basley Ford just killed the concept once and for-all. 

Ford is no more a victim of sexual assault than I am. 

Though as a 16 year old working at Kmart I was stalked and eventually seduced with alcohol by a 35 year old woman named "Elvis" who drove me to her apartment on Club Drive off Central Avenue. There she made me do things I'd never done before, I'm not sure that I've done some of them since.

Admittedly "Elvis" was hot, wildly kinky and at one point I'm sure I thought I was going to die. 

So hey "Me Too" what about me too? What I'm a middle aged white guy so I don't count? I can't qualify? 

If by some magic "Elvis" suddenly was up for supreme court justice I seriously can't see calling her out now 35 years post copulative encounter. 

Was I a victim? Well by today's standard HELL YES! The age difference alone would get he locked up, she was clearly more than twice my age and alcohol lots of alcohol, and I was under the legal drinking age of 18 at the time, and she clearly "groomed" me visiting the store I worked at dozens of times over a couple of months flirting and teasing and eventfully she took advantage of me. 

But for some odd reason I didn't suffer years of remorse, or repressed victim feelings. 

The main point of the "Me Too" movement is to tell women there is no need to be ashamed, that it's ok and to start speaking out because time's up! But with the Me Too acceptance and support and acknowledgment, comes a catch-22, a damned if you do and dammed if you don't. 

You see if its no longer something to be ashamed of and you can speak out, well hey "Times Up!" you can no longer wait twenty years to say "I think back in 1991 I was abused".

Its time that we put a statue of limitations on "Me Too". 

Assault is assault and no means no. But women are victims everyday, of sexual assault, real rape and real violence. Labeling Christine Ford a victim diminished the pain and real suffering thousands of real victims have endured.

Her carefully crafted and embellished statements structured to be vague yet colorful enough so much so that they read like a Stephen King novel. 

Bill Cosby plied women with drugs and had sex with them, countless young girls became the victim of Larry Nassar they are all real victims of sexual abuse. 

A bedroom encounter with a drunken frat boy and his wingman is a total non-event. Christine Ford is a nut bird of the worst kind, as her testimony shows she is admittedly marginal with her recall of simple dates and times within the last month being difficult for her without five lawyers and handlers she can't even form a sentence. 

She has been used and abused more by the democrats in the last fours weeks than a lifetime of bedroom encounters with a tag team of high school football players.

Kavanaugh is accused of pushing Ford onto a bed laying on top of her and putting his hand over her mouth, she thought she was going to die or be raped or both. Seconds later she was hiding in a bathroom. Events she can recall with clarity, events Kavanaugh claims never happened.

But for a moment lets say Kavanaugh admitted that he did indeed lead her to a bedroom and made a very unwanted move on the 15 year old Ford. There's no crime committed, he didn't threaten her she pushed him off and that was that. 

Of course if this is true he's a pig, and in his own words, a virgin well into his 20's. No surprised there, since  apparently he was a classless clod.

But Six FBI background checks and zero nothing de-nada in the way of a checkered past.

Yep times up to complain about someone's behavior 35 years ago. 

Oh and Elvis, sorry I didn't take you up on your offer to fix breakfast.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh sure now you laugh at it now but I’m sure you were terrified and ashamed at the time and for years afterward. Now humor is the only way you can cope.