Sunday, January 1, 2006

Happy New Year!

Live in a spirit of joy and thanksgiving.

The Proverbs teach "a cheerful heart has a continual feast." (15:15)

Here on the first of January I'm in the Bahamas but I have got to tell you ....

I love winter, I love skiing, snow is the best thing God ever came up with. It quiets the soul. Don't beleive me? Well then you need to go skiing in Colorado. Vail is a good place to start. Then ride the last lift and wait until everyone is off the mountian. You might even hide from the ski patrol! And wait... with dusk coming soon there's not a sound .. the quiet of a mountian snow is like nothing else on earth...

I love the coming of spring, the flowers and yard work and expectation of something new..

and of course summer nights and SOUND of crickets and frogs deffening SOUND more sound that my mind can keep track of...

I love the fall leaves and crisp air and pumpkins on the doorsteps, buring leaves that I can smell while riding my motorcycle

and Christmas is my favorite, time of year... then new years and....

You see when you love all the seasons, when you live in a spirit of joy and thanksgiving, it's hard to be unhappy.

In that spirit I hope you will take time to thank God for this day and your parents who gave you life.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: