Monday, May 4, 2009

Brittannee Drexel

I want to thank the several followers of Cedar Posts who have emailed their take on the disappearance of 17 year old Brittanee Drexel.

The story hits a little too close to home for Cedar Posts, as at one time I knew just such a girl right down to the sparkling eyes and wonderful smile.

She was 100 pounds of trouble and thought she could handle anything. That 19 year old naive little head of hers almost got her killed more than once.

But I'm happy to report that come October she'll turn 30, which in many ways amazes me. Not that she was such a wild child and that I was convinced that she'd drink herself to death. But because time has escaped so much faster than I could have ever imagined.

I will hold out hope against my better judgement, and pray that Ms. Drexel finds her way home, to also find herself one day 30 and in the safe embrace of family and friends who love her.

No comments: