Friday, October 8, 2010

Idiot Tweet of the Week!

Should have gone to @AndyDulin who tweeted he believed CMPD's numbers vs the report from Neighborhoodscout.com.

But George Dunlap takes the prize for his repeated misquote from the modern illiterate's dictionary, even though it wasn't via twitter it soon became an often ReTweeted comment.

To quote Commissioner Dunlap:

“I think it’s embarrassing to our community to even have to deal with such ridiculous issues … Believing... that all citizens of Mecklenburg County and United States have the same ineligible rights – in fact, I think that somebody said it one of the e-mails – that we are endowed by our Creator with certain ineligible rights. You’re a Christian, Mr. James; you believe that, don’t you?”

Replied a perplexed Bill James: “Do you mean Inalienable rights?"

Props to Pundit House (who refers to Cedar Posts as a Investigative blogger and professional agitator) for transcribing the BOCC meeting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, just wow..
The bar certainly isn't set very high for our public officials.
Dunlap must have attended the same school as Dr Leake.

Anonymous said...

Cedar you are being too nice calling George Dunlap an idiot.

The man is a bad joke, and if any one thinks that "endowed by their Creator with certain ineligible Rights" came from some "email" I really fear for our city/county government.

Mr. Dunlap Sir! It is unalienable and it is from the "Declaration of Independence" you moron!

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

The whole sad state of affairs makes me want to cry.

Anonymous said...

The really sad thing is Mr Dunlap was a school board rep elected over & over again. I once emailed a comment to all school board members. I have to admit Mr Dunlap was the only one who returned my call or email....but he opened his long winded rant with the statement "you don't know who you are talking to!". Yes, Mr Dunlap I knew exactly who I was speaking to then and now...you sir, are a disgraceful fool. I can't believe he was ever elected for anything.

Anonymous said...

TO ANON 7:28 PM

You should know by now the entitled will vote for anyone who promises to not cut off their check...LOL

Anonymous said...

George:
Yo, yo, yo, say word. You know what I'm sayin'? Yo, yo, yo, say word. I know, right. Yo, yo, yo, say word.
Dog, how you durn? Word. Yo, yo, yo, say word. I know, right. Peace out.