Monday, July 14, 2014

I-485 Construction - New Guard Rails Fail


Photo Credit CFD Station 24 "B" Shift
 

Photo Credit CFD Station 24 "B" Shift
 

Photo Credit CFD Station 24 "B" Shift


Photo Credit CFD Station 24 "B" Shift
 

Photo Credit CFD Station 24 "B" Shift
 
Oddly Mrs. Cedar noted that removing the Jersey Barriers while the road was so uneven was not smart just 15 minutes prior to this accident in which the driver lost control after catching the "lip" of the new asphalt.

Just east of Johnston Road, Exit 61 on the "inner" loop side. According to a former DOT expert the guard rail did its job, protecting other motorists from idiots who lose control.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Change your headline, the rail didn't fail. Just another idiot driving on the roads of Charlotte!

Unknown said...

First of all this was a hit and run where a driver clipped this vehicle and caused it to spin out of control, not just the uneven payment. Get the facts straight and I am offended that you would call my daughter an idiot driver after making assumptions. My daughter is lucky to be alive and walked away from this.

Anonymous said...

Is her name Danica Patrick?

Anonymous said...

Heather, you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Reread the post. Cedar did not call your daughter an idiot.

Unknown said...

"According to a former DOT expert the guard rail did its job, protecting other motorists from idiots who lose control. " So please tell me where I read the article wrong. The DOT person made an assumption along with Anonymous in the first comment.

Unknown said...

Maybe I should have clarified who I was speaking to but my reading comprehension skills are fine. Yours on the other hand, I would question your assumption that I was speaking about Cedar. Maybe someone should have asked who I speaking to in the post. In fact I thank Cedar for posting the pictures. Seeing the car at the scene and not just at the lot compound was an eye opener for my daughter. Reality has a way of waking you up sometimes and making you re-evaluate situations in your life that need correcting.

Anonymous said...

So her name is NOT Danica Patrick?