Monday, May 21, 2012

In Case You Missed It - I'll Have One More

I'll Have Another left and Bodemeister Right (AP Photo/Matt Slocum)
I'll Have Another, ridden by Mario Gutierrez, beat Bodemeister, ridden by Mike Smith, to the finish line to win the 137th Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course, Saturday, May 19, 2012, in Baltimore Maryland.

Having won the Kentucky Derby and now the Preakness I'll have another needs "One More" to win the Triple Crown, a feat that has not made the headlines since Affirmed won in 1978.

Is I'll Have Another the horse? One thing is certain he is a closer and with the right jockey holding him back just long enough he'll move through the final turn and "close out" the competition.

Real Quiet, and Smarty Jones, both lost their quest for the triple crown at Belmont and are names no one remembers, but mention Affirmed, Seattle Slew or Secretariat and even horse haters know what those names represent.

Does I'll Have Another have enough to have one more? Have you seen this horse run? If not, take 3 minutes on June 9th and watch horse racing history note a new Triple Crown Winner.

No comments: